David Suzuki Foundation
Our mission is to protect the diversity of nature and our quality of life, now and for the future.
We collaborate with Canadians from all walks of life, including government and business, to conserve our environment and find solutions that will create a sustainable Canada through science-based research, education and policy work.
Our vision : within a generation, Canadians act on the understanding that we are all interconnected and interdependent with nature.
Our top goals :
- Protecting our climate:research and provide clean energy solutions and information on energy conservation to ensure Canada does its part to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and avoid dangerous climate change
- Create livable communities:assist urban centres in Canada to protect green and blue spaces and promote transit-oriented development and pedestrian- and cycle-friendly transportation options
- Establish environmental rights and justice:work with citizens, constitutional experts and lawmakers to ensure that Canadians enjoy the right to live in a healthy environment
- Transform the economy:help secure Canadians' high quality of life within the finite limits of nature through efficient resource use
- Connect with nature:assist Canadians, especially youth, to learn about their dependence on a healthy environment and the benefits of time in nature through outdoor education and opportunities
- Build community:engage Canadians to live healthy, fulfilled and just lives with tips on building Earth-friendly infrastructure, making smart energy choices, using efficient transportation and being mindful of the products, food and water we use
Numéro d'organisme de charité au Canada : BN 127756716RR0001
Numéro d'organisme de charité aux États-Unis : 94-3204049