We collaborate with Canadians from all walks of life, including government and business, to conserve our environment and find solutions that will create a sustainable Canada through science-based research, education and policy work.
Our vision : within a generation, Canadians act on the understanding that we are all interconnected and interdependent with nature.
Our top goals :
- Protecting our climate:research and provide clean energy solutions and information on energy conservation to ensure Canada does its part to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and avoid dangerous climate change
- Create livable communities:assist urban centres in Canada to protect green and blue spaces and promote transit-oriented development and pedestrian- and cycle-friendly transportation options
- Establish environmental rights and justice:work with citizens, constitutional experts and lawmakers to ensure that Canadians enjoy the right to live in a healthy environment
- Transform the economy:help secure Canadians' high quality of life within the finite limits of nature through efficient resource use
- Connect with nature:assist Canadians, especially youth, to learn about their dependence on a healthy environment and the benefits of time in nature through outdoor education and opportunities
- Build community:engage Canadians to live healthy, fulfilled and just lives with tips on building Earth-friendly infrastructure, making smart energy choices, using efficient transportation and being mindful of the products, food and water we use
Numéro d'organisme de charité au Canada : BN 127756716RR0001
Numéro d'organisme de charité aux États-Unis : 94-3204049